Notifications
Clear all

Tips for cleaning audio rip’s

10 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@ray_vonne)
Topic starter  

Hi new to the product and wanted to hear peoples tips on best way to clean audio rips prior to ripping stems.

some of the stems sound a little like they are under water and wanted to understand if there is a good way to prep the audio before hand or post ?

(@dave)
Member Moderator

Before opening the track with RipX, you could try using another audio editor to filter out the frequencies that aren't used by the instrument that you wish to extract. For example, for vocals, you could use EQ or a high-pass filter to reduce bass frequencies not used by them.

ReplyQuote
(@ray_vonne)
Topic starter  

@dave thanks for the response !

I also have deep audio so would this help remove the frequencies? At the moment I am loving deep remix but can’t quite work out how to use deep audio to the best of its abilities.

ReplyQuote
(@nahbrah)

Posted by: @ray_vonne

Hi new to the product and wanted to hear peoples tips on best way to clean audio rips prior to ripping stems.

some of the stems sound a little like they are under water and wanted to understand if there is a good way to prep the audio before hand or post ?

Best way I have found is to use another audio cleaner like rxs, waves or acon digital restoration tools. Personally I use the 3rd option and once I seperate into stems if there is a noise such as that or a more isolated hum/hiss whatever. you can remove it much, MUCH easier when everything is broken up into stems and instrument groups than as a whole. That's the whole beauty of this software in the first place. Working with these individual parts of a mixed song even if you don't want to take the time to tediously clean each note and frequency by hand you can do so with other audio cleaning tools, then mix it back together for a much cleaner audio file than whats possible solely with current plugins and hardware. Just remember to not go overboard and take your time listening to comparison's  because sometimes transients and sounds you think are noise can be crucial parts of a song. Other than that you CAN always use other cleaning tools either before or after as well but any transparent cleaning, pre stem processing is always best. Every song is.different as you know so you'll just have to fiddle around with it. Gl!  

ReplyQuote
(@ray_vonne)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the responses - I guess my question is why do I need a separate audio tool as that’s what I purchased deep audio for ? Have I wanted my money and should I have purchased something else ? That’s what I thought deep audio was for - to compliment the deep remix software ? 

ReplyQuote
(@dave)
Member Moderator

DeepAudio offers various tools for improving different aspects of separation, and we are always looking for ways to improve on these. You may find it useful to add other tools to your toolbox as each works in a different way.

ReplyQuote
(@ray_vonne)
Topic starter  

Thanks are there any videos on how best to use deep audio for cleaning up my files. So far I have failed to find a way it helps my workflow …

ReplyQuote
(@dave)
Member Moderator

@ray_vonne Have you seen our blog post on noise clean-up?

https://hitnmix.com/2022/07/26/ripx-deepaudio-for-noise-clean-up/

ReplyQuote
(@ray_vonne)
Topic starter  

@dave I have seen this but my main issue is that on some of my stems some sound like they are underwater or poor quality. Is there anything i can do to tidy these up or should I be doing this with deep audio once the rip process has completed?

ReplyQuote
(@dave)
Member Moderator

@ray_vonne For that I recommend following the advice given higher up in this thread. It depends on what you want to do with the stems. If you are going to mix them with other audio, the artifacts may no longer be audible. Or you may be able to add back notes from other stems if audio is missing. You could try applying reverb too.

ReplyQuote
Share: