We are pleased to announce the imminent release of Hit’n’Mix Infinity 4.5, featuring the following enhancements and bug fixes:
Importing & Exporting
- macOS Only: import MP4, M4V, MOV, QT Apple QuickTime video files compatible with macOS Catalina and Final Cut Pro X. Edit audio, synced to video. Export MP4 and MOV files.
- MIDI file export
- MIDI file import
- macOS Only: import non-DRM M4A, AAC files
- Improved vocal/speech ripping for Voice ripper option (replaces Vocals)
- Stereo panning information now stored per layer and harmonic for stereo playback improvements
- Draw Pitch editing mode moved inside Audioshop RipScript
- Right-click over rip opens/relocates Audioshop RipScript near pointer for quick access
- Double-click on note opens it in Note Editor RipScript
- Edit>Paste And Fit Tempo (Ctrl+Shift+V) now fits copied and pasted audio to the destination tempo/BPM.
- BPM shown next to Rip in RipList during hover and barline dragging
- Shows more beat marker divisions when zoomed in
- Snap To Beat Markers option added to View menu. Applies to loop region, note selection, and note time dragging
- Time bar added above rip and moved barline handles below rip
- Pitch-zoom with click+drag over keyboard and Time-zoom with click+drag over time bar
- Loop bar added for playing loops. Press L to loop current selection. Click and drag on the loop bar to mark a section. Click and drag on loop marked to move it, or edges to resize. Click outside loop to cancel loop.
- Fixed paused at end of looped playback
- Disabled auto-play on marking selection rectangles when notes are within the loop marker
- Can now set musical scale for whole rip and also scale/key changes from starts of given bars.
- Shares region below rip for barline edits so can easily add/edit key changes.
- Auto detect scale (for minor and major keys)
- Snap to Semitone Guides option added to View menu
- Quantize Pitch, Correct Pitch and Flatten Pitch effects all mould to the semitones available in the current scale
- Load waveform samples automatically (via ripping) using new button in the Instrument Palette
- Audioshop uses snap to time and snap to pitch
- Pure percussion samples now supported in Instrument Palette and Audioshop etc
- Click without drag to draw whole sample in Audioshop Draw Instrument tool
- Blue cursor when a RipScript has control of UI
- Button at top of Audioshop toolbar to cancel tool
- RipScripts now receive mouse and keyboard messages even when do not have control
- Note Editor updated to not require control when selecting notes for editing
- Stopped Audioshop cloning tool forgetting which note is being cloned after switching to another tool and back again
- Now shows dB level under pointer in Note Editor
- Added All, Selection, Loop options to Export.
- Export now saves MIDI, MP4 and MOV (MP4 and MOV macOS only) files
- File>Export checks for file existing and removes before attempting to export. Also supports Enter and Esc key presses
- Audioshop opens up as a rectangle with several columns rather than a single strip.
- Audioshop Replace Instrument, Cutter and Join tools added
- Audioshop Draw Instrument and Replace Instrument tools now include local instrument palette drop down boxes for easy access
- Instrument Palette now includes a Category drop down to handle support of more instruments easier. Categories are defined by individual Palette rips in the RipList which can be renamed or removed/loaded back as required.
- Added Noise Removal RipScript for removing background and foreground noise from selected notes and unpitched sound, with a frequency range option
- Chord Creator streamlined. No longer updates selected notes on startup. Key Detect button.
- Inharmonicity slider added.
- Improvements to SliceRange.mix_in() mean more accurate painting of timbre from one note to another in Note Editor.
- Added Pitch Mapper to adjust pitch over a selection
- Updated Windows mouse pointers
- Ctrl+Tab swaps between current and previous rip, also added item to View menu
Playback & Exporting
- Added playback sample rate option to preferences
- Runs the File>Export RipScript from the main File>Export item
- Solo button in Instrument Panel
- Revised manual
- Revised Interactive Help
- Various bug fixes